Aseptic Skill Validation Exercises
A pass in aseptic skill validation requires all 10 bags and all
16 syringes to show no growth at the end of incubation period.
1. Using a 50ml syringe, withdraw and remove 100ml of saline from soft bag provided.
2. Inject the following into the soft bag:-
|a.||Drug A (conc.10mg/ml), 800mg||= _____________ml|
|b.||Drug B (conc. 20mg/ml), 600mg||= _____________ml|
|c.||Drug C (conc. 25mg/ml), 60mg||= _____________ml|
|d.||Drug D (conc. 5mg/ml), 30mg||= _____________ml|
|e.||Drug E (conc. 1mg/ml), 50mg||= _____________ml|
3. Repeat step 1 and 2 for another 9 soft bags.
4. Label the bags according to institution standards.
1. Using appropriate syringes, prepare the following bolus injections from Drug X (conc. 50mg/ml) :-
2. Label the syringes according to practice standards.
3. Repeat step 1 and 2 for 1 more time.